An At home LED mask is great! You can use them for both breakouts and anti-aging! It helps with your skin texture, tone, brightness, collagen building, toning, lessens wrinkles and overall skin health. Here are some tips on how to use your light!
Before we begin, I want to tell you a little bit about myself. My name is Lindsey and I am a Master Esthetician and former spa owner of over 13 years. I host a weekly Spa Skin and Beauty podcast with my sister and skincare researcher, Ashley. Ashley and I love talking about skincare issues, skincare products, and answering skincare questions. As women in our 40s, I am 46 and Ashley is 48, we are noticing more and more changes in our skin. We are wanting to look and feel our best just like you. We do a ton of research, combined with my years of experience and working on 1000s of clients’ skin to give you the best skincare recommendations.
Now, let me share with you all the reasons why I love this LED Face Mask that I personally use at least 3 times a week!
- Look for a flexible mask that can be easy contoured to your skin. Other features to look for are: automatic shut off, usb charging capability and a simple way to put the mask on and off.
- Cleanse your skin before using an LED face mask. If using an oil cleanser, I recommend to perform a second cleanse so your skin is free from any residue.
- Keep your skin bare while using the LED lights. You can apply your normal skin care routine after your light is done.
- PRO tip! A great combination of your beauty tools is to dermaroll your skin first (this is the dermaroll one that both Ashley and I use at home) and then use the LED face mask afterwards.
- Contour the mask as close to your skin as possible. Put the mask on in a way that fits your face and head the most comfortable.
- Listen to one of our meditations inside the community while wearing the mask to relax and unwind. Our community is called lapree beauty and it is free. It is an online skincare community where we offer free videos and an exclusive skincare database where we review products for you. We would love to here if you had any skincare questions so just message us inside our community!
- If your skin is slightly red when you take the mask off that is perfectly fine. It is erythema (superficial reddening of the skin) and will calm down shortly.
- Apply your skincare as needed. I recommend skipping your retinol on nights you are using your LED device.
- You can use your LED device every day, making sure to leave 24 hours in between sessions. Once you have reached your results, put on 3x a week for maintenance.
Enjoy the results!
Sending you beauty smiles from us spa sisters ~ Lindsey and Ashley ~ Spa Skin and Beauty Podcast| New Episodes every Tuesday!