If you are you an esthetician who offers Lash Lifts and they have not been turning out as well as you’d hoped, here are some things to take into consideration when performing a Lash Lift!
What is a Lash Lift? A Lash Lift is a semi-permanent curl to your upper lashes that lasts anywhere from 4-6 weeks. In contrast to extensions, it does not add any length or volume to your natural lashes. We can, however, add a color if you wish to darken the natural lashes (see above picture) to make them more noticeable!
There are times when the last lift won’t take well depending on eye shapes or lashes. Here are a few reasons why and how to fix the problem:
- Lash Condition. You have to take into consideration your clients’ lash condition (eg. brittle and short or long and thick) when applying the solutions and how long you leave the solutions on. For shorter brittle lashes, you want to leave the solutions on for a shorter amount of time (10-12min). On the other hand, with the longer and thicker lashes, you want to leave them on longer (15-18min).
- Placement of Solution. Apply the lash perm solutions 1 and 2 only at the base of the lashes. The perming solution is a strong solution and can cause “fringing” of the lashes if applied too high up to the tips.
- Adhesive. Applying lashes to the mold with too much glue can create a barrier for the perm solutions and cause it not to take on the lashes.
We trust this assists with improving your lash lifts for your clients! This is a great, well-known service that, when done correctly, can truly transform the eye!
Keep your lashes fresh, LONG and Healthy using our two most loved items:
Revitalash Micellar Water Lash Wash
Conditioning eye makeup remover. This is a gentle, yet effective and residue-free micellar formula designed to draw out impurities to remove dirt, oil, and makeup without drying the skin, and leaves your brows, eyelids and lashes soothed, hydrated and cleansed. This product is not for use with waterproof mascara.
READY FOR LONG, LUXE LASHES?
Revitalash is an original, Ophthalmologist-developed eyelash conditioner that enhances the look of lashes and protects against breakage, while improving health, flexibility and strength, for lashes that thrive, naturally.
Apply once a day until you achieve desired results. Then apply 2-3 times per week or as needed.
How to apply: Gentle swipe product on upper lash line (like you would an eyeliner). You can apply either morning or evening.
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Ophthalmologist formulated. Dermatologist reviewed
- Clinically tested
- Vegan friendly and Cruelty-free
- Hypoallergenic and Non-irritating
- Oil-free and safe for use with eyelash extensions
- Does not contain Parabens, Phthalates, BHT, Gluten